1. A. coat B. road C. broad D.goal
2. A. official B. declare C. active D. picture
3.A. purse B. pure C. curious D. cure
4. A. hide B. like C. time D. give
5. A. question B. station C. direction D. pollution
6. He’s a great player and I have a lot of respect ______ him.
A. of B. in C.on D. for
7. Don’t forget to_____ your school bag with you when you come here next time.
A. bring B. deliver C. fetch D. take
8. He was late for work this morning because he ______ find his key.
A. mustn’t B. wouldn’t C. couldn’t D. shouldn’t
9. I asked him to go to the art exhibition, but he said he had ______ seen it.
A. still B. already C. also D. often
10. --- Where’s your mother, Helen? ---She ______ the flowers in the garden.
A. waters B. is watering C. watered D. has watered
11. The children and their parents had great fun ______ games in the park.
A. playing B. play C. played D. to play
12. There is only one student ______ will surely pass the difficult test.
A. whose B. which C.whom D. who
13. ---Do you like talking with your friends on the phone or through the Internet?
---______. I enjoy writing letters.
A. None B. Either C. Neither D. Both
14. She asked me ______ I would like to go with her or not.
A. how B. when C. whether D. where
15. Before you leave the classroom, ______ all the lights.
A. turn up B. turn over C. turn to D. turn off
16. If Mom looks out from the kitchen window, she ______ us playing in the yard.
A. is seeing B. will see C. was seeing D. has seen
17.---Can you stay here for a few more days?
---______, but I have to be home tomorrow.
A. No, thank you B. I’m afraid not C.I’d love to D. No problem
18. With a lot of work ______, Jerry had no time to go to the cinema with his daughter.
A. doing B. having done C. done D. to do
19. We’re making good progress, ______ we’ve still got a long way to go.
A. but B. or C. so D. thus
20. I hope you will have a ______ week with us in China.
A. pleasure B. pleasing C. pleased D. pleasant